Filming & photography at Zurich Airport
Application for a filming or photography permit at Zurich Airport
A unique backdrop
Zurich Airport boasts fascinating scenery, award winning architecture and international flair. A truly unique backdrop for photographs and films. A permit is required for filming or photography in all areas.
The airport is divided into the two areas
The landside area is open to the general public and includes:
- Airport Shopping
- Check-in areas
- arrival halls
- Circle and Park
- car parks
Supervision by airport staff is dependant upon the scope of the shoot and the number of participants.
The airside area is the restricted area after the security check and includes:
- Airside Center
- luggage belts
Supervision by airport staff is mandatory.
Charges apply to filming/photography in all areas of Zurich Airport carried out for commercial or advertising purposes, including cinema and TV films, as well as for corporate image brochures and annual reports.
Charges do not apply to filming or photography intended to provide the general public with news or current affairs.
- Unless required for reporting news or current affairs:
- Requests for photo shoots must be lodged no later than 3 weeks in advance.
- Requests for film shoots must be lodged no later than 6 weeks in advance.
- If additional airport partners are involved, a request must be lodged separately with each company.
- For shoots involving airport staff, their permission and that of the airport partner must be obtained.
- Due to operational constraints, complex shoots for movies or advertising are not permitted in the airside area.
- Shoots that require a member of airport staff to be present cannot take place on weekends or during the night.
Should you have any further questions, our film and photography department will be happy to assist:
+41 43 816 21 05